THE KEY FUNCTIONS OF DEPARTMENTS AND SPECIAL DIVISIONS IN UGANDA VIRUS RESEARCH INSTITUTE. - Ecology/Zoology Department
- Last Updated on Thursday, 16 April 2015 10:33
- THE KEY FUNCTIONS OF DEPARTMENTS AND SPECIAL DIVISIONS IN UGANDA VIRUS RESEARCH INSTITUTE.
- Finance and Administration
- Ecology/Zoology Department
- General Virology Department
- Entomology/Vector Biology Department
- Immunology department
- Arbovirology Emerging & Re-Emerging Department
- Planning & Fundraising Department
- Specialized Units/ Divisions
- All Pages
2. Ecology/Zoology Department.
The Department of Ecology/Zoology is headed by an Assistant Director. It undertakes research on the animals involved in the virus transmission cycles. The centre executes its roles through the following;
- Carrying out research on intermediate hosts (monkeys, rodents, ticks, bats, etc)
- Carrying out laboratory tests and keeping samples of specimens collected from the various intermediate hosts and humans.
- Providing information geared towards prevention and control of zoonotic and vector borne diseases outbreaks.
- Establishing and operating a coordinated, effective and productive ecology unit.