THE KEY FUNCTIONS OF DEPARTMENTS AND SPECIAL DIVISIONS IN UGANDA VIRUS RESEARCH INSTITUTE. - Planning & Fundraising Department
- Last Updated on Thursday, 16 April 2015 10:33
- THE KEY FUNCTIONS OF DEPARTMENTS AND SPECIAL DIVISIONS IN UGANDA VIRUS RESEARCH INSTITUTE.
- Finance and Administration
- Ecology/Zoology Department
- General Virology Department
- Entomology/Vector Biology Department
- Immunology department
- Arbovirology Emerging & Re-Emerging Department
- Planning & Fundraising Department
- Specialized Units/ Divisions
- All Pages
6. Planning & Fundraising (P&F) Department;
Planning and Fundraising (P&F); this functional area was created to coordinate all the planning related functions. Their creation bridges the gap in the existing structure and harmonizes the functions of Planning; Budgeting; M&E, and Information and documentation. The functional area therefore will have the Planning Unit and Fundraising Unit.
The division is headed by a Principal Economist.
Key functions of the (P&F):
- Facilitate proposal writing and channeling to potential funders
- Fund raising
- develop five year and annual work plans for the Institute
- Budgeting for institute activities
- Policy development and dissemination
- Human resource planning and forecasting
Key out puts of the (P&F):
- Adequate funds realized
- Five year and annual work plans developed
- Annual budgets developed
- Policies developed and disseminated
- Human resource planning and forecasting schedules prepared
- Framework for coordination with the relevant Ministries and Agencies on cross cutting outputs
- The Key Functions of the Planning Unit will therefore be to;
- Review and revise and update the UVRI Development Plan (DP) .
- Coordinate the preparation of the Institute plan.
- Compile the plans of the various functional areas into a complete institution plan.
- Assist the functional areas in the development, review and implementation of their DPs
- Conduct training in planning at all levels of the institution system.
- Keep up to date with current methodologies and technologies in planning.
- Assist UVRI in developing more effective and relevant operational plans.
- Make sure the institute is worth raising funds for
- Ensure there’s a specific fundraising target
- Writing strong Case Statements for soliciting for funds
- Ensure prospect research occurs to identify how much money might be raised from different types of resources
- identify specific, potential sources of funds from a diverse mix of sources
- Develop an action plan about who is going to approach what source, how and by when
- Profiling the types of donors institute would like to attract.
- Ensure effective administrative systems to track grants and donations
- Track performance