UVRI TO PARTICIPATE IN THE NATIONAL BUDGET MONTH 2019
The Uganda Virus Research Institute will participate in the National Budget month FY2019/20 which was launched on Tuesday, May 14, 2019, by the Minister of Finance, Planning and Economic Development. The National Budget month FY2019/20, is designed to reach over 2,000,000 Ugandans across the country through all government agencies and media houses. This will be done through high impact strategic communications and documentaries, events like; the National Budget Week, the Post Budget Speech Dialogue, National Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Budget Breakfasts in all the 6 regions (Northern, Eastern, West Nile, Western, South Western and Central Regions) of Uganda for better impact, and so much more.
UVRI will be part of the National Budget March which shall take place on Tuesday, 4th June 2019 to flag off the week’s activities from the Constitutional Square to Kololo Independence Grounds for an exhibition up to 6th of June, 2019.
Part of the National Budget Month FY2019/20, Government will undertake the following activities:
- Tree planting exercise on Friday 24th May 2019;
- Donation of scholastic materials to East Kololo Primary School on Thursday 30th May 2019;
- The National Budget Accountability Match on Tuesday 4th June 2019;
- A Service Excellence Exhibition and Blood Donation Drive from Tuesday 4th to Thursday 6th June 2019;
- The Budget Speech Reading on Thursday 13th June 2019;
- The Post-Budget Speech Dialogue on Thursday 20th June 2019; and
- The Regional Budget Breakfast Meetings on Friday 21st June 2019.